Graphic Designer + Copywriter
I’m interested in telling stories through descriptive imagery, compelling writing, and thoughtful design. Alongside a practice of writing and making art, I’ve been creating logos, print media, and websites since 2009. Specializing in print design, WordPress websites, line illustration, and copywriting, I work with clients to tell their stories. I also work onsite at DRG, a direct marketing agency in Seattle, where I do graphic design and copywriting for a range of national clients. To see more of my creative writing and artwork, visit annamaereeser.com.
- Sonoma Resource Conservation District, Santa Rosa, CA
- Miramar Farms, Half Moon Bay, CA
- Foghorn Solutions, Half Moon Bay, CA
- San Mateo County RCD, Half Moon Bay, CA
- Green Barn Farms, Seattle, WA
- Premera Blue Cross, Seattle, WA
- Yellow Tomato Catering, Pasadena, CA
- Law Office of Kristin H. Sheppe, Plymouth, NH
- Counterpoint Press, Berkeley, CA
University of California Berkeley
B.A. Art Practice, B.A. English. 2011
Software & Skills
- InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop CC
(ink, watercolor, digital)
(marketing and ad copy; samples available upon request)
- Project management
- Print coordination
OWNER, ANNA REESER DESIGN 2012–PRESENT
I develop brand identities, print collateral, websites, and publications on an independent basis. I also work part-time onsite at Direct Resources Group, a Seattle ad agency, where I do print design and copywriting for a variety of national clients.
- Design logotypes and logo symbols to create brand identities.
- Design and coordinate printing for postcards, flyers, brochures, product labels and business cards.
- Create original illustrations and infographics.
- Develop mobile-responsive websites using WordPress CMS and premium themes.
- Design book covers and interiors, design and produce chapbooks, convert book jacket designs to trade paperbacks.
- Write marketing and advertisting copy, blog posts, and general website copy.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER, PREMERA BLUE CROSS 2013–2014
Designed marketing and communication materials with in-house creative team.
- Designed brochures, flyers, newsletters and emails to incorporate evolving brand standards.
- Created illustrated icons, redesigned complex health benefit grids, prepared pre-press files and inspected proofs.
- Designed the Winter 2014 Digital Newsletter, a communication piece that was distributed to members via email and social channels. Modified the design from previous newsletters for compatibility with mobile devices.
PRODUCTION ARTIST, HACKER AGENCY 2013
Worked with Production team in a Seattle advertising agency on a 2-month contract during a high-traffic season.
- Edited direct mail packages, brochures, email templates and microsites for major national clients.
- Made folding dummies of print materials for prepress review and created composite boards for presentations.
DESIGN & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE, COGENT LEGAL 2011–2012
Developed in-house marketing media and trial graphics for clients at a litigation graphics firm in Oakland.
- Created print ads, postcards and stationary to establish marketing aesthetic and expand advertising reach.
- Collaborated with creative directors to produce illustrations and infographics for litigation presentations.
- Wrote, edited and posted content for company blog.
EDITORIAL & DESIGN INTERN, COUNTERPOINT/SOFT SKULL PRESS 2011
Advanced book design, marketing and editorial initiatives at a Berkeley publishing house.
- Designed email flyers and catalogues to increase company’s reach. Wrote content for company blog.
- Converted book jacket designs to paperback formats. Proofread manuscripts, blue-lines and cover proofs.
WEB ASSISTANT, THE NATIONAL WRITING PROJECT 2009–2011
Updated design and content for websites at the headquarters of a national nonprofit.
- Redesigned board of directors intranet to improve user experience.
- Collaborated with web development team. Updated content for external company website.
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, CAL LITERATURE & ARTS MAGAZINE 2009–2011 Managed content selection, design, editing and publicity for a biannual student publication at UC Berkeley.
- Led staff of 30 students in weekly submission review meetings, delegated publicity and production tasks.
- Redesigned magazine based on a standard page size to lower printing cost and create clean page spreads.
- Expanded distribution to reach ~500 students. Redesigned magazine’s website and social media presence.
- Phi Beta Kappa. 2011
- Outstanding Achievement in Publications, UC Berkeley ASUC. 2011
- Leadership Scholarship, Cal Alumni Association. 2010
- OSA Scholarship Award, Ojai Studio Artists. 2010